If you would like to be a 4-H Volunteer Leader or explore ways to help 4-H in Green County,
contact Tyrone Gentry, 4-H Agent at the Green County Cooperative Extension Service.
As a volunteer you may:
* teach young people "Learning by doing"
* help young people plan and learn to work with others while working towards individual and group goals
* receive satisfaction influencing the development of young people, contributing towards career
decisions, and knowing you have a stake in tomorrow
* become a part of the world's largest youth organization
The Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service requires each prospective volunteer who works directly with youth to:
- Complete the Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service Volunteer Application Form
- Agree to abide by and sign the Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service Expectations for Volunteers form
- Sign an appropriate position
- Participate in a background check
Be trained in the Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service Youth Protection StandardAdult Volunteer Leader Packet